Managed Security Services | Compliance-as-a-ServiceShaw Technology is committed to providing our clients with solutions to keep their business secure and operational through any disaster or cybersecurity event.
Managed Compliance for your Data Security Obligations
Our Compliance-as-a-Service (CaaS) solution can help your business achieve, maintain and demonstrate its data security compliance requirements.
Let us show you how you can simplify your compliance processes and run your business without any regulatory glitches.
Given the increasingly stringent data protection and privacy regulations now being enforced globally, your business can no longer allow compliance to take a backseat. Achieving compliance requires both fulfilling all your obligations under applicable regulatory standards and being able to provide documented proof in order to pass any regulatory audits.
You need a comprehensive solution that automates and helps streamline the necessary compliance processes, making it easier for you to adhere to extensive regulatory requirements.
Why You Should Partner With Specialists:
Our managed compliance solution can help your business achieve and maintain its data security requirements, help streamline the ongoing compliance processes, and stay up to date with the complex and evolving data protection laws and regulations worldwide.
We can help you:
- Identify security vulnerabilities through automated assessments of your internal and public environments.
- Demonstrate due diligence or due care efforts mandated under the various industry and global standards with on-demand reporting and activity logs.
- Provide the required documentation and records needed to complete and pass a compliance audit within a single, easy-to-use portal.
- Help you fulfill the ongoing security and risk management tools and strategies needed to maintain a compliance environment as part of normal operations.
Regular Comprehensive Risk Assessments
Compliance is a continuous part of business operations. Our CaaS solution includes ongoing monitoring and audits of your physical, technical and administrative risks to pinpoint areas that need attention.
Documented Evidence of Compliance
Verifiable proof is a requirement and often the biggest challenge. We ensure you have all the documentation and audit logs required to validate due diligence efforts.
Avoid Claim Denials and Reduce Premiums
Insurance companies reward businesses that demonstrate proactive and preventative security controls. Maintaining due care security requirements can also help you avoid costly denied claims.
Customized Remediation Plans
We understand that no two business are alike, even within the same industry. That is why we provide comprehensive remediation plans that are customized to address the specific needs or risks of your business.
Reduced Security Risks
Gearing up for compliance is a win-win situation. Compliance regulations require increased data privacy and security measures, ultimately fortifying your business in the process.
Certification & Audit Prep
Preparation and planning are key to passing the certification. We walk you through every step of the process to make sure your business is on track to meet certification requirements and is fully prepared for an audit.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or HIPAA, is a compliance standard that is designed to protect sensitive patient data. Any organization that deals with protected health information (PHI) is obligated to maintain and follow process, network and physical security measures in order to be HIPAA-compliant.
Concerns Associated With HIPAA Compliance:
- HIPAA violations attract hefty penalties.
- Adequate training for handling PHI and dealing with malicious security attacks is critical.
- It is imperative to have a Security Incident Response Plan (SIRP) in place to deal with a security event.
- Professional assistance is required to handle the complexity of audits and to maintain the right documentation.
Cyber Insurance is a type of insurance product that is designed to protect businesses against potential damages associated with cybercrimes such as ransomware and malware attacks. It is a customizable solution for businesses to mitigate specific risks associated with cybersecurity breaches and prevent unauthorized access to their sensitive data and networks.
Concerns Associated With Cyber Insurance Compliance:
- Cyber Insurance coverage can be unclear and confusing. It’s hard to understand what is covered and what is not, so you need to be certain you are picking the right coverage.
- The policies are complex and possess certain constraints and limitations that can be difficult for businesses to interpret. It is vital that you have adhered to and fulfilled all policy requirements to ensure that your claims are not denied.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has developed a framework called the Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) to streamline cybersecurity for private sector businesses. NIST CSF is a set of voluntary standards, recommendations and best practices that are designed to help organizations prevent, identify, detect, respond to and recover from cyberattacks.
Concerns Associated With NIST Compliance:
- Most businesses do not possess in-house expertise to safely adhere to NIST CSF requirements.
- Businesses need to understand their unique cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities to properly design, implement and manage their security programs and best practices.
The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification or CMMC, is a unified standard implemented by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to regulate the cybersecurity measures of contractors working for the U.S. military. The CMMC is the DoD’s response to significant compromises of sensitive defense information located on contractors’ information systems. Contractors working across the defense industrial base (DIB) will now be required to implement and continuously maintain a series of strict cybersecurity guidelines demonstrating adequate cyber hygiene, adaptability against malicious cyberthreats and proper data protection strategies.
Concerns Associated With CMMC Compliance:
- All businesses working for the DoD along any point of the supply chain are required to comply.
- Minimum certification requirements demonstrating alignment with NIST SP 800-171 standards go into effect November 30th, 2020.
- Each tier of the certification is a prerequisite for the following tier to pass.
- CMMC compliance will be required by all contractors of the DoD by 2026.
- Failure to comply with the required Systems Security Plan (SSP) and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) could result in contract performance issues and/or breach of contract.
The General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR, is a regulatory standard according to which businesses are obligated to protect the privacy and personal data of European Union (EU) citizens for all transactions that are carried out within the EU member states. The GDPR standard is intended to unify and reinforce data protection for all individuals that reside within the EU and to control the export of personal data outside the EU.
Concerns Associated With GDPR Compliance:
- Businesses need to be prepared to adapt, test, maintain and demonstrate compliance with evolving GDPR requirements.
- Non-compliant businesses are liable to pay hefty penalties and can also be temporarily or definitively banned.
- Ambiguous terms and lack of clarity render GDPR compliance difficult to handle without professional assistance.